About National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness

Sign up and be counted as a Champion!

Sign up and be counted as a Champion!

First name:
.
Last name:
.
E-mail:
.
ZIP:
.
Check to receive email

Labels

Alzheimer's disease (15) Health (10) Conditions and Diseases (9) United States (8) ALZHEIMER'S (7) Dementia (6) Jasmine Elisa (6) Alzheimer's Association (5) Neurological Disorders (5) alzheimers (4) Awareness (3) Long term care insurance (3) Maria Shriver (3) NORM MAC (3) White House (3) Disease (2) Green tea (2) New York Times (2) South Korea (2) Tea (2) Traditional Chinese medicine (2) United States Disease Alzheimer's disease Chicago Health Alzheimers disease older americans Dementia Conditions and Diseases (2) Winnipeg (2) Winnipeg Free Press (2) ...In Translation (1) Adalimumab (1) Alprazolam (1) Alzheimer (1) Alzheimers disease (1) American Academy of Neurology (1) Austin Hospital Melbourne (1) Barack Obama (1) Beta amyloid (1) Body mass index (1) Cancer (1) Cognition (1) Dallas (1) Digestion (1) Doctor of Philosophy (1) Etanercept (1) Facebook (1) Facebook features (1) Florida (1) Food (1) Infliximab (1) Insurance (1) Jae Hee (1) Jerry Brown (1) Karolinska Institutet (1) Kim Hye-jin (1) Los Angeles (1) Melbourne (1) Mental Health Research Institute (1) Mexico (1) Microsoft PowerPoint (1) Mouse (1) New America Media (1) Newcastle University (1) Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (1) Nursing home (1) Obesity (1) Pete Rouse (1) Physical examination (1) Positron emission tomography (1) Rheumatoid arthritis (1) Sandra Day O'Connor (1) Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (1) Seoul (1) Silicon Valley (1) Stockholm (1) Support group (1) THE NEW YORK TIMES COMPANY (1) TNF inhibitor (1) Twitter (1) University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (1) Xanax (1) is (1) jasmine beltran Los Angeles (1)

Monday, January 10, 2011

OISHI Green TeaImage via Wikipedia

Finally, something I really like is also good for me
I was delighted to hear this news. Green Tea May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s! Since my Mom died with Alzheimer’s, I think I worry it about it more than most sometimes. This morning, I read that a study from researchers at the Newcastle University in the United Kingdom had found that elements found in green tea could help prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s, particularly when digested into the body.
I read this article with more interest than usual as I sipped my tall cup of steaming green tea. I’ve been a green tea fan for many years. Customarily, I have 2 cups every morning before my one cup of coffee. Usually, that’s it for the day but I have been known to have another cup or two in the evening if it’s a chilly night with a good movie on TV and warm afghan on my lap.  I know, I shouldn’t be able to substitute hot chocolate with green tea, but I can. I like it.
Dr. Ed Okello said, “we found the digested compounds had anti-cancer properties too, significantlyslowing down the growth of the tumor cells which we were using in our experiments. What was really exciting about this study,” he said, “was that we found when green tea is digested by enzymes in the gut, the resulting chemicals are actually more effective against key triggers of Alzheimer’s development than the undigested form of the tea,” added lead researcher Dr. Ed Okello.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GG1O8U/?tag=sandys-20
I’m delighted with the findings of  this study. But, truthfully, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of any other food or drink that purported as many health benefits as green tea. It’s been suggested for other cancers previously and touted to cure depression, among many other things.
I just like the taste and am certainly glad that I do. I know it was a medicinal remedy for something or other when I first tried it many years ago. But I’ve been drinking it for so long now, I can’t remember why I first tried it.

This is the 40 Count Box -  6 Boxes Included
Eligible for Super Saver Free Shipping
  • Pack of six 40-count boxes of calorie-free organic green tea (240 total tea bags)
  • 100% organic green tea grown in higher-elevation gardens
  • 100% organic, gluten free, with zero calories and zero carbs; certified Kosher Parve
  • An excellent source of healthy antioxidants
  • Blended and packaged in the U.S.A. [LEARN MORE]
USDA Certified Organic
This product contains only organically produced ingredients.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ACT To END AD !